Aug 15, 2010

Diet tutorial~


Found on http://yuk-lui.blogspot.com

My tips/Regimes I did

Diet:

- 

-Find a picture of your inspiration of the type of body you want to achieve. Again, it's for motivation.

-Eat healthily! Have your 5-a-day.

 
-Drink only water, no soda, or squash. Drink green tea too! It is know for boosting your metabolism. :)

-Never let yourself get dehydrated.

-I cutted junk food, sweets, anything like that out of my diet. I even cutted out oil/grease!

-Instead of having a full bowl of rice, go for half. Brown rice is healthier than white rice. (I always had white rice).

-Once every two weeks, treat yourself to one small bar of chocolate or something similar. (Don't do this if you know that it will ruin your diet plan).

-I always wrote down what I ate. Allows me to see if I'm doing good or bad.

-Have 5-6 SMALL meals a day. Keeps your metabolism going. (I usually have, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack).

-For snacks, have fruit, vegetable sticks, nuts and/or dried fruit.

-I never ate after 7. If i was hungry after 7, I'd drink water or snack.

-BREAKFAST is the most important meal of the day.

-Do not skip meals.

-Never eat over the daily recommended number of calories. (I've read that its 2000 calories per day for women, I had limited myself to 1000-1500 per day).

-Make sure you eat 4-5 hours before you sleep.

-Have a minimum or 8-9 hours of sleep.

-Everytime I went out for a meal, I always had salad. If it was at a resturant with family and relatives, half a bowl of rice and eat the healthy stuff. More vegetables no matter how much you hate it.

-No alcohol.

-A glass of water before a meal helps. You will feel fuller and wouldn't eat as much.



Exercise:

-Exercise everyday for 1-2 hours. Have one day a week off from exercise. (I ended up doing it more than 2 hours a day and didn't have a day off).

-Join sports teams.

-Cardio exercises are best to get your heart rate going. Remember to warm up properly and cool down properly.

-Interval training exercises are know to be effective at burning fat.

-Don't stick to one sport. Your body will get use to it and may slow down the process. (If that makes sense).

-Don't like sports? Then use an exercise video. :)



Etc:

-Weigh yourself every 2 weeks. Shows how progress is going. If you weigh yourself everyday, you may not see any progress then give up.

-Remember, the first few weeks are the hardest. If you stick to this, it will get easier and you will no longer crave for junk food.